Once the snow falls, the Beausejour Brokenhead Area becomes a winter playground for snowmobiles. Whether it is on a groomed trail, or attending the Canadian Power Toboggan Championships (ice oval races), you are sure to have a great time on your sled, participating in a race, or simply enjoying the view from the grandstands.
Throughout the winter you can find people leisurely riding their machines, or attending one of the numerous events organized in the area, such as a poker derby or a fundraiser.
The Town of Beausejour is snowmobile friendly, and has recently designated routes for access to and from Town.
Snowmobiles within the Town of Beausejour are governed by a local By-Law.
By the authority of the Town of Beausejour By-Law 1449/00, the following regulations have been enacted:
- Snowmobiles are permitted to operate on all residential streets, EXCLUDING Park Avenue and First Street North
- Snowmobiles may share the roadways with other vehicular traffic, PROVIDING that all the regulations of the Criminal Code, the Highway Traffic Act, the Off Road Vehicles Act, and the By-Law are adhered to.
- Snowmobile traffic is only permitted on snow covered residential streets between October 15th and April 15th of the following year
- Snowmobiles shall not be operated within the community of Beausejour between the hours of 11:00 pm and 7:00 am
- Maximum speed of 50 KPH shall apply
CLARIFICATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE BY CONTACTING THE BEAUSEJOUR TOWN OFFICE AT 268-7550 OR THE RCMP AT 268-1234