Permits are issued under the current effective Zoning By-laws governing properties in each respective municipality and must be obtained prior to commencement of construction. Please allow a maximum of fifteen (15) working days to process your permit application.
Applications must include:
- complete legal description and civic addressing of the subject property
- tax roll account number
- owner name, mailing address and contact telephone numbers
- contractor name, mailing address and contact telephone numbers
- site plan showing proposed setbacks of the new construction from property lines and all exsiting structures on the site.
- two (2) complete sets of blueprints of the proposed construction with a professional engineer’s stamp on the foundation plan.
- preserved wood foundations require the engineer provide written “Assurance of Professional Design and Commitment for Inspection’ regarding the architectural and structural integrity of the foundation.
Murray Cutmore, Development Officer/Building Inspector
Office telephone: 204-268-6705
Office fax: 204-268-1504
- Permit Application Information Brochure
- Building Permit Application Form
- Building Permit (Garage/Shop) Application Form
- Demolition Permit Application Form
- Occupancy Permit Application Form
- Sign Permit Application Form
- Home Occupation Permit Form
- Building Permit Fees
- Inspection List
The files above have been saved as pdf’s. If you have any difficulties viewing the content of the site (such as images or documents such as pdfs), please check to see that you have the latest software or updates from Adobe for Adobe Reader (for viewing pdfs), and Adobe Flash Player (for viewing images). Please find a link to their site to assist your efforts.
Link to Adobe downloads: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/